Sunday, December 4, 2011

Birthday Party Outfit! - simple yet, stylish.

I know i haven't been posting for awhile but with two weddings to edit (2000 photos total), 3 photo albums to design, another photoshoot to edit & working at Anthropologie... it's impossible to get anything done.

But.. I decided to show you my latest outfit and also write some reviews on what I've bought recently!

With winter coming and the weather colder, I wanted something to make a summer dress warmer. SOO I paired the dress with a very long sweater coat. :) I've had many praises about this sweater and sadly enough.. I have them in TWO colors... in the so called "green" - more brown than green, and the red. I've noticed alot of people wearing warm sweaters with dresses this season.. especially as the weather is colder.

Soo.. this is my outfit! I got praises for it at the birthday party I wore this too! :) It makes me happy that someone notices the outfits that I put a little more thought into than usual.

LEFT: Secret Treasure Dress - no longer an item at Anthropologie. This dress came in green and blue. The link to my review can be found here: http://reviews.anthropologie.com/profiles/5310/72829502/profile.htm?r.page=2
MIDDLE: on sale currently, Coiled Cableknit Sweater in red.. really warm and great for the not too cold but cold enough weathers.
RIGHT: The best shoes i've bought as of yet... full price still, Sloan T-Straps in brown!
BELT: still full price & bought from Urban Outfitter.. Ecote Wide Woven Belt




SLOAN T-STRAPS

Sloane T-Straps from Anthropologie.com
These are probably the best shoes I have bought as of yet! :) My first pair of shoes to have been SOO perfectly comfortable straight out of the box.... and what a cute and awesome box it is!!  I definitely am beginning to understand why Seychelles is so popular!

Initial Reaction:
I bought these shoes online, as well as other times, only to fulfill the $100 free shipping. I didn't expect to love them this much. The price was just perfect with my discount and so I didn't hesitate to buy them. Even without, I think these shoes are well worth it.

I loved the way they looked, especially the little details in the stitching as well as the tassels. The overall style and make of the shoe is of high quality - not cheap or shabby looking. The color is also very pretty - the color on the picture is very true to its color. The shoes, overall, looked even better and cuter in person than on the picture. 

The thing that was a turn-off for me was that it was a 2.75'' stacked heel. I normally don't get shoes above 1''. As much as I love heels, it's not worth the pain. But.. i bought these anyways. I was wrong because these shoes were the perfect fit.. in every way!

Fit:
When i first put them on... I was shocked as to how perfect they were. The heels somehow didnt feel like they were actually 2.75''. I think the stacked heels definitely gives that increased comfort.

These shoes did not cause any sore spots - i.e. rubbing or too tight parts. So because of these, I would say that these shoes are DEFINITELY TTS (I'm a 38, 7.5)...  The leather is comfortable and not stiff, the heels were comfortable and not too tall. I didn't feel the pain I would usually feel with too-tall-heels.

Overall assessment:
I have no complaints at all. As a person who usually hates heels and are VERY PICKY about heels in general, I have to say these are a keeper in every way. I haven't worn them, or walked on them long enough to notice the pains. But, so far, I've run in them a short distance and walked in them and have had no problem at all. That's rare for me to say. So you can only imagine how i'm feeling to have found such a perfect shoe.

I definitely recommend it to anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment