Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cherry Stem Boots & Gradated Stripes Pullover

Just last week, I purchased, online, the Cherry Stem Boots. I'm usually much more cautious about boots due to my wider calves (16''). I've bought SOOOO many boots from Zappos.com and only 2 have made it into my collection of shoes (a small collection really. I don't really have that many).

When I saw that 16'' on the Cherry Stem Boots,  I thought, "mmmm perhaps they might actually fit". Sure enough... they did.  So, this morning, I decided to do a little photoshoot with the boots.

I put together a simple outfit with a skirt & a sweater that I've come to like very much. I'll put a review after these pictures!
Gradated Stripped Pullover from Anthropologie
a brown skirt from Banana Republic (from maybe 3+ years ago, stockings
and the Cherry Stem Boots from Anthropologie 
Cherry Stem Boots from Anthropologie 

Review

Left: Gradated Stripped Pullover from Anthropologie     Right: Cherry Stem Boots from Anthropologie 

Gradated Stripped Pullover from Anthropologie
I already written a review on this, but I thought another one would be useful. Here's my past review on it - http://reviews.anthropologie.com/profiles/5310/72829502/profile.htm.

I'm just going to do an update here.

Update :) 
I've actually come to like this sweater quite a lot. I've gotten a few compliments on it and it's definitely grown on me a lot more as I wear it.

The cut looks very slimming and sit perfectly on the shoulder. The overall cut is not baggy at all,  like some of the shirts that are at Anthropologie right now. The fabric is very comfortable, which is one of the most important thing. I really love the color combination and the details just make it more awesome.

The thickeness of the sweater is definitely only warm enough for the fall. If you want it to be warmer, maybe wear a cami under and it'll help thicken it up a bit. 

Cons: 
I know this is funny but the word "gradated" is a misnomer because the color on the stripes don't really gradate. It just goes from orange to red.

Yet again, I wish the sweater was a little longer. BUT... I've found this sweater to pair very well with a skirt... as you see up above :).
  
Cherry Stem Boots from Anthropologie 

First Impression:
I bought these boots because I've been looking for red shoes/boots for quie sometime. Of course, as the weather gets a little bit colder, I started looking for boots instead.

When I took it out of the box, I felt that the boots were very soft. The lacing definitely made these boots more stylish than boring. The opening definitely looked wide enough.

The leather is real both inside and out. It, all around, looks very well made and the material/leather quality is very good. I really like the pairing between the red and the skin tone/beige interior. Because of the quality, I definitely understand why it costs as much as it does (although less than many other boots). My boots came with a few small scratches, so maybe it's safer to find it in stores instead of ordering it online - then you can do quality control before purchasing.

Fit:
The overall fit was great. The way the boots are made, it allows for a lot of movement with little or no restrictions or uncomfortable points. The red is quite nice and is actually a little muted from the original picture on the website and also from our pictures. The boots are very comfortable and can be even more comfortable with a thin insole for more padding.


Having 16'' calves, it makes it hard to find boots in general. Seeing that these were listed at 16'', I had to try it on. Usually, unless listed, you don't know which size the 16'' is referring to - considering each size of shoes would have a different radius. For these specific ones, 16'' is definitely referring to the 7.5. My calves are a little under 16''. Because of this, without stockings - and thus more friction - the boots sit up become a bit sweaty (due to less movement). With stockings, the boots sit quite comfortably around the calves without being too tight or sweaty. The stockings allow for the boots to have movement - both up and down without feeling restricted.

Around the feet area, I had a little extra room to put on a pair of socks. So I can definitely say that these boots are TTS (TRUE TO SIZE). Having wider feet, these boots were perfect and comfy and not too narrow. The front allowed for extra toe space and movement. There are no real uncomfortable points - like the boots putting pressure here or there.  

The stacked heels and the more "workman" like sole of the boots makes for a, surprisingly,
comfortable fit and wear. I didn't feel the typical pains of wearing a 2.5 heel. The sole of the boots are definitely slip free and will be good in almost any terrain.   


Cons:
The workman like sole and the heels make the shoes look a bit clunky. The lip also comes out a lot. This overall sole definitely dresses these boots down and make it more casual/stylish vs. elegant.
The boots bunch and scrunches up a bit around the top of the lace. It actually sits a bit awkward there, but not so much that it's unacceptable. The actual picture of the boots is a little deceiving. It doesn't show how it will fit on a person. I still haven't quite decided whether or not the boots should be loosely tied or tightly tied on the bottom.

Overall Pros & Cons: 
Pros:

  • good quality leather 
  • pretty color 
  • good for wide calves 
  • casual/stylish 
  • tts - true to size
  • good fit and comfortable - thick stacked heel
Cons:  
  • clunky looking 
  • easy to see scratches/flaws in leather 
  • bunches around the top of the lacing where you tie 
  • picture doesn't properly show the fit 
  • lip of shoe comes out too much
   

No comments:

Post a Comment