Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hampden Pea Coat & AG Stevie: Slim Straight

Recently I bought a jacket that i've been waiting to blog about. Not to mention a pair of pants that I've totally become to love! Perhaps I've come to love the pants a lot because they're the only pair that fits perfectly right now. So here it is!
Jacket: Hampden Pea Coat & Pants: AG Stevie: Slim Straight by Anthropologie. Photo by Ax2D Photography



Hampden Pea Coat
I originally wrote a review on this jacket, but I wanted to update it. You can find it here! http://reviews.anthropologie.com/profiles/5310/72829502/profile.htm

I've definitely have fallen in love with this jacket. I wear it almost everyday. I've also surprisingly gotten many praises about it as well.  

As I have said in my reviews, it is definitely thinner than I would like for a "wool" jacket. Although it looks warm, the shell is made of 56% polyester, 41% wool & 3% other fiber(??).  It's definitely only thick enough to wear in LA. The sleeves cause a bit of a draft. But if you put your hands in those really nice large pockets, it helps just a little. 

But overall, the quality of the jacket is quite good. Pretty TTS. The chest area may be some tight for those a bit bustier, but it might be okay as well. The fabric is plush and the colors are perfect for the fall. I have still yet to find a sweater that would pair well with the jacket to make it warmer, but that's definitely something that can remedied. 

I was contemplating buying another Bishop Sleeve Pointelle Tunic in either the Ivory or the Gold. But seeing that it is $118, I might wait on the purchase. It would definitely pair well with the colors of the jacket! :) 

Sidenote: I just recently washed my Bishop Sleeve Pointelle Tunic. Just a word of warning, when still wet, it smells like the chemicals that one would use at an "affordable" hair salon. I believe it smells like the chemicals from perming. 
  
Suggestions to wear this jacket:After I thought about my outfit, I would have changed into my red Cherry Stem Boots to add more color to the outfit, but I was a bit too late - considering I thought that after I finished these photos. 
But, at the very least, I put on a green scarf - which I think adds a pop of color to what seems like a somewhat gloomy picture.  

Something colorful: Perhaps something colorful that falls a little under the jacket length so it shows as a second layer. With the jacket being so much in the neutral colors, it won't hurt to wear something brighter under. 


Something safe, neutrals: Because there is so much more black and browns in the jacket, perhaps an ivory color shirt, skirt, sweater would work well with the jacket. 

Left & Middle: Bishop Sleeve Pointelle Tunic in gold & ivory or maybe even, Right: Thousand Carat Pullover 
Right: Pointelle Variation Sweaterdress Left: Ruffled Vines Scarf in Peach(??)
 
AG Stevie: Slim Straight
These pants have become one of my favorite in my collection of denim. Partially because, as I said, it's the only pair that really fit me. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Initial Reaction:
I didn't know what to expect when I bought these pants. I usually don't fit into anything "slim". I was hesitant at first to try them on but when I did, it was awesome.

The color is light - not too light or too dark - and goes with alot of things. The fabric is soft and perfect for summers. These were my first $100+ jeans. The price shocked me but when I wore them, I liked them immediately. 

Fit:
The fit was almost TTS - the waist has a little extra but the legs are perfect. It has a bit of stretching room. The soft material helps keep the pants against the skin and not bunched up. The fabric also allows people with thicker legs, like me, fit into them. The bottom flare out just a little bit - but that's probably because they are slims and not skinnies. They still fit well in boots, but may bunch a little.

Dislikes:
These pants are definitely only for the spring, summer and fall - so not winter. They are a bit on the thin side. Although, if you wear wool stockings under, it might remedy the fact that these jeans are rather thin. This will depend on how much room you have to fit under the jeans.

I definitely prefer if there was less bunching in boots. But that's only a small problem.

Don't know if this is a problem for everyone, but for me, I wished that all 4 pockets were deeper. I've had a many things fall out of my pockets because they were too shallow - both front and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment