Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ready for the Fall - Bishop Sleeve Pointelle Tunic Review

Just received a wonderful package in the mail. Yes... I guiltily did a bit of shopping. After being away for a month... I couldn't help it.

This was my favorite in the few shirts & sweaters I bought! I absolutely fell in love with it right away! Especially the poofy sleeves.

Left: from Anthropologie, Bishop Sleeve Pointelle Tunic    Right: Me :) Ax2D Photography
Because this sweater was SOOO long, I paired it with a pair of brown leggings and boots. Yes.. they are brown, although the picture makes it look purple.

I wore a belt to bring the sweater in a little and to break it up a little. I originally had a pair of thicker brown tights on but I found that it was way too airy. The open-weave on the bottom definitely will not keep the air out without a little help. To dress it warmer... perhaps a very thin long sleeve shirt would help keep the air out of the arms.

This sweater was definitely VERY soft and comfy. I totally recommend it... if you are willing to spend a few more bucks on a really soft and intricate detailed sweater. I don't normally like fabric like this but this sweater isn't scratchy at all. This sweater turned out to be quite long. It is more like a sweater dress if anything.

I origianlly took the picture with intent on writing a review on it on Anthropologie.com. I figured.. why not also post it up on my blog. SOO I'm going to combine the both and I'll add the link to the review when it shows up.

Review on Anthropologie.com - October 4, 2011 - Comfy & Feminine

Pros:
beautiful delicate design soft and not scratchy
light and airy for fall
color is bright

Cons:
a little pricey
not warm enough for winter

* First Impression
I bought the lilac colored one online.

This sweater is beautiful and it fits so perfectly. I saw it online and liked it immediately. The details on the sweater are very pretty and intricate. Knitted & Knotted really spent a lot of time designing this sweater!

The color is slightly brighter in the picture. The real sweater is a bit toned down a little but the color is still very pretty and not too far from what you see online.

The sweater comes with a little warning tag that YOU MUST READ before wearing :). It pretty much says that this sweater is unique because of the weave and the soft delicate material/thread. Because of this, please take off all jewelry before wearing and taking off this sweater. :) In simple words... take good care of the sweater.

*Fit
I'm 5'7'' with a short torso and longer legs. The medium was a perfect fit. So.. I would say this sweater is pretty true to size. This tunic fell a little below mid-thigh. The picture doesn't really show how long the sweater is.

The sweater is pretty flattering. The threads are thin so it's not bulky. So it can be worn by both larger and smaller sized people. The sweater tapers in a little around the waist area and flares out. The open weave on the bottom may be a little airy and unless you want to show skin, you should probably wear a cami or maybe even a long tight, long sleeve undershirt.

For me, the neckline was perfect. I can wear a spaghetti strapped cami and a bra without both straps showing. It's probably only because I have wide shoulders and chest. Because of this, the sweater sits perfectly. In terms of the armpit area, it's not tight at all. Just perfect actually.

The cut and open-weave design of the sleeves are awesome. The perfect amount of poofyness. There's also small details along the bottom and ends of the sleeves that's quite unique. The sleeves may be a little long for those who have shorter arms. Since my arms are long, it fits perfectly.

*Dislikes
The only qualm I have is that this sweater will be hard to wear during the winter. It's a little too airy around the arms and below the waist. But that can be remedied by wearing the right thing under.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of getting this sweater...it's nice to see a pic of it on a person,and it looks lovely on you!Alpaca makes such nice clothes,doesn't it?I think I would get the gold color,but then you could wear different color shirts under the ivory...hmm. :)

    ReplyDelete